Are you aged 14-25 and looking for an opportunity to take your first step into an office environment?
If so our Work Experience programme may be right for you. You can take part in either a two week placement or attend one of our Open Days.
Work Experience placements
Our Work Experience programme provides the opportunity to be part of two weeks working within a real business environment and to become more aware of employment opportunities. As an accredited programme, all participants will receive an accredited certificate of training upon successful completion.
Our placements run twice a year, from 23 April 2018 – 6 May 2018 and from 22 October 2018 – 6 November 2018.
What you can expect
Travel: As a trainee joining us on Work Experience we aim to make sure you’re never out of pocket. We’ll provide you with return train tickets up to the amount of £100 per week. These will be booked and sent to you before your placement begins.
Lunch: If you choose to complete your Work Experience placement in London you will be a given a £5 per day lunch voucher. If you’re based in other locations we are able to reimburse up to £5 per day for lunch.
Meaningful and structured work: Before the start of every placement a trained mentor is allocated to each trainee. It is their responsibility to plan accurate and stimulating tasks for you to complete that relate to their department. Health & Safety – As an organisation we are committed to safeguarding young people and vulnerable adults. Before becoming a mentor all employees are asked to read, sign and return the City & Guilds Groups Safeguarding policy.
A City & Guilds accredited work experience certificate: Upon successful completion of all assessments you will receive an accredited certificate in the post.
Where you’ll be working
- Brighton: Learning Technologies department
- Burntwood: Product Development, Operations & Quality departments
- Eynsham (Oxford): Finance, Human Resources, Marketing & Client Services departments
- Wakefield: Quality Delivery department
- Leeds: Platform Solutions & Marketing departments
- London: Strategy & Change, End Point Assessment, Finance, HR: Learning & Development, IT, Legal, Policy, Sales & Customer Services departments
We offer Work Experience placements in the following areas at our UK offices:
How you can apply
- First generation to go to university
- A care leaver
- In receipt of, or previously been eligible for, free school meals (FSM)
- Either less than five GCSEs at C/4 and above, including English or Maths or past or predicted grades CCC or less at A-level (or equivalent)
- Lives in 30% of most deprived area of the UK. *measured by the indices of deprivation
Eligibility: In order to be eligible for a two week work placement you need to meet at least one of the criteria below. *Click here for a more detailed version of the criteria.
Short online application form: If you have identified you meet at least one of the eligibility criteria, you’ll need to complete our online application form. This is your chance to show us what skills and experience you possess to make you the perfect fit for the placement.
Face to face interviews: If your online application is successful you’ll be invited down to our local office for a face to face interview. This is chance for your prospective mentor to find out your strengths and weaknesses, but also for you to find out more about the opportunity available.
- Roles available
- Apply here!