We are recruiting for examiners in several industry areas for our Technical qualifications. An examiner marks candidates’ responses in accordance with the pre-defined mark scheme, whilst adhering to guidance and examination procedures.
We are currently recruiting for the academic year 2018 - 2019 for the role of examiners, to mark the exams in Technical Qualifications.
Examiner vacancies are available in the following industry areas:
|Hair & beauty||Health & social care||Hospitality & catering|
|Land||Transport||Travel & tourism|
About the role
- Attend training/standardisation meeting to ensure best practice is adhered to when marking
- Mark written responses accurately and consistently to the standard set by the Chief Examiner
- Submit samples to the Chief Examiner at designated times
- Ensure timescales for marking are adhered to
- Ensure all administration is completed as specified
Responsibilities of an examiner:
- Have current knowledge of the UK 14-19 education system
- Have teaching or assessment experience in the relevant subject and level
- Have a high level of recent, relevant subject knowledge, in order to apply the mark scheme
- Be computer literate
- Have access to a secure PC with a firewall, up to date anti-virus software, private broadband access and a personal, private e-mail account
- Have good written and verbal communication skills
- Be able to follow procedures accurately and reliably
- Be able to work to fixed timescales
- Be passionate about vocational education and helping people reach their full potential
Successful applicants will:
If you believe you meet the criteria detailed in the job description, please email your CV and covering letter to the Recruitment Team at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please state in the email Subject line, the Sub-industry area in which you are interested to be involved in as an examiner.