Independent End-point Assessors
Are you interested in assessing apprentice competence against an industry specific standard? If so a role as an Independent End-point Assessor may be for you.
We’re recruiting for suitable, qualified individuals to become Independent End-point Assessors & Lead Independent End-point Assessors for a wide variety of standards.
Our overview video above is a good way to introduce yourself to the exciting opportunity of becoming an Independent End-point Assessor and/or a Lead Independent End-point Assessor.
The video is delivered by current individuals doing these roles, and covers key themes such as overviewing the role, the skills, qualities, experience required, how to complete your application, what the end-point assessments look like, the support and training offered by City & Guilds, and general FAQs.
To maintain customers’ trust in our rigorous assessment, we want people with the right background and then we make sure we give them the training and support to do well.
Support for your training
We’ll provide introductory training sessions for all our new Independent End-point Assessors, giving you the structure, policy and procedures, and regulatory requirements.
We provide on-going help and support to all our assessors with updates, webinars and briefings. This will keep you up-to-date with quality assurance and qualification requirements.
As an Independent End-point Assessor, you’ll be contracted on an annual basis although it won't be possible to guarantee set amounts of work.
What we’re looking for
- Have no connections with the assessment centre and/or apprentice (to maintain objectivity)
- Have current technical or occupational understanding in areas being assessed
- Are fully conversant with the standards and criteria being assessed
- Be able to demonstrate the occupational competency, required qualifications and criteria as detailed in the apprenticeship standard person specifications (see above)
- Have experience in interviewing techniques
- Can work independently
- Have good time management skills
The role of our Independent End-point Assessors is to assess apprentices against industry-specific competences.
We want to hear from you if you:
Our Independent End-point Assessors are responsible for maintaining their own continuing professional development (CPD) to ensure competency is up-to-date, and in line with qualification requirements.
Independent End-point Assessor Personal Specifications
- Actuarial Technician
- Adult Care Worker
- Advanced Carpentry
- Assistant Practitioner Healthcare
- Autocare Technician
- Beauty Therapist
- Business Administrator
- Carpentry and Joinery
- Chartered Manager
- Chef De Partie
- Commis Chef
- Customer Service Practitioner
- Customer Service Specialist
- Cyber Security Specialist
- Data Analyst
- Dental Nurse
- Digital Marketer
- Digital Support Technician
- Early Years Educator
- Engineering Fitter L3
- Engineering Operative L2
- Gas Engineer
- Golf Greenkeeper
- Hair Professional
- Healthcare Assistant Practitioner
- Healthcare Support Worker
- Heavy Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician
- Horticulture and Landscape Operative
- Hospitality Supervisor
- Hospitality Team Member
- Infrastructure Technician
- Insurance Practitioner
- Insurance Professional
- Investment Operations Administrator
- Investment Operations Specialist
- Investment Operations Technician
- IT Technical Salesperson
- Land-based Service Engineer
- Lead Adult Care Worker
- Maintenance Operations Engineering Technician
- Metal Fabricator L3
- Motor Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician (Light Vehicle)
- Nail Technician
- Network Engineer
- Operational Delivery Officer
- Operations Department Manager
- Painting and Decorating
- Production Chef
- Property Maintenance Operative
- Rail Engineering Operative
- Refrigeration Air Conditioning and Heat Pump Engineering Technician
- Retail Team Leader
- Senior Chef Production Cooking
- Senior Healthcare Support Worker
- Senior Leader
- Software Developer
- Team Leader Supervisor
- Travel Consultant
- Unified Communication Technician
Next steps & applying
- CVs must be submitted to support your application to give a detailed overview of how you meet the person specification for the standard(s) you are applying for. These can be found above under each industry area.
- Your application must clearly demonstrate how your occupational experience, qualifications and competency maps to the full expectations set out in the person specification for the standard (s) you are applying for. Applications that do not clearly show this are unlikely to be forwarded to the next stage of our recruitment process.
- Your application will be delayed and may be rejected if the correct occupational qualifications and/or experience are not listed.
- When completing your CPD log it is essential that you include evidence of how you are maintaining competency with up to date industry experience that is directly linked to the standard(s) you are applying to assess.
- Referees will be contacted via email as part of our shortlisting process.
- If we have no vacancy for a role you’re interested in or your application is unsuccessful at first, we’ll keep your application on file for 36 months in case a suitable vacancy arises.
- City & Guilds is approved to deliver independent end-point assessments across many new apprenticeship standards in England.
For current vacancies, please see our Independent End-point Assessors (IEPAs) and Lead Independent End-point Assessors (LIEPAs) vacancies site.
In order to apply, you will need to complete the online application and outline your industry experience and include the standards you would like to assess. You will also need to submit a CV, and a CPD Log. These are also as attachments.
If there are no suitable vacancies shown via the vacancies site, you can also log your interest with us. We will contact you should a suitable role become available. Please use the following link for more information: Independent End-point Assessors (IEPAs) and Lead Independent End-point Assessors (LIEPAs) registration of interest.
Things to remember
LIEPA Person specification